User cannot control callers for scheduled conference

Discussion in 'Windows' started by livn46, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livn46

I would like to enable a user to schedule a conference, and to control the callers once the conference begins: i.e., hang up or mute them selectively.

I can do this fine with my own extension, which has full permissions: when I schedule a conference in the 3CXPhone and it begins, I can go to View Conferences and see who is connected to the call and mute them or disconnect them, as I would expect. However, when the client, using the same version of the 3CXPhone, does the same thing, she cannot see the callers. View Conferences is blank for her, even for conferences she herself created using the same method I used earlier. She CAN see them if she sets up an ad-hoc conference, but she cannot see callers who have joined a scheduled conference. I have recreated this with a test extension at my desk.

Obviously, my first thought was a permissions issue, but I have given her every permission I can see that could possibly be related in the Rights tab of the management console for her extension, and they have not allowed her to see these calls. Does anybody have any pointers as to what I am missing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    If I properly understood: only the organizer can see and control conference's participants; a participant cannot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. livn46

No, the problem is that the organizer cannot see and control callers in a conference that she herself scheduled. She can in an ad-hoc conference, but not if she sets it up as a scheduled conference.

4. livn46

I believe I have found the answer to this question. From some more testing I noticed that the reason I could see callers in a scheduled conference on my 3cxPhone was because I had v12.0.37098 installed, which we hadn't yet installed for our users. Our users (including the user doing the testing) were still on v12.0.36097. This appears to be functionality that was included in the updated client, although I don't remember noticing it listed specifically in the Changelog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.