User Guide

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bull_tpk, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bull_tpk

Sorry to be dumb, (my first post) but is there such a thing as a userguide for this system. I found the system manual, but I am looking for something that has feature access codes, like code to call forward, ect ect.

I have been using astersik, and most of the system features have an associated feature code. I cant find any such guide on 3cx website or in here.

Thanks

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

there are some oft those codes but atm you only can find them in this forum. with the release of the final 5 there shure comesa new manual thatinclude all those codes.

Andy

3. bull_tpk

So what are they then?

4. bull_tpk

OKI'll try again.

On the current free version, are there codes and functions for:

Call forward all calls
    Call forward busy
    Call forward no answer
    Call park / retrieve
    Groupd or direct call pickup

Is intercom and paging supported and if so how do we do that?

Is there a way to force music on hold after greeting announcement in hunt group, until answered?

SI BLF presence supported for Aastra handsets?

Is fax in & out supported?

Is there a list of "A Ticked" hardware for the australian market, and some suggested suppliers?

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

There are 2 manuals - the 3CX system guide and the 3CX Client guide. Both of those combined have almost everything you want in there.

6. bull_tpk

Anyone from 3cx wanna have a crack at answering some of these questions?

7. bull_tpk

Be nice if someone from 3cx can be bothered to answer me here. I have been in the industry in Australia for 30 years. So I reckon I got a fair idea of what functionality people need in a PBX system.

8. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

You should be able to use standard star codes for most of these features; i.e. *72 for unconditional call forward (*73 to disable)

I use a list of standards based star codes (although your mileage may vary as I have not tested all of them); you can just google SIP star codes.

I have tested the unconditional call forward and as of ver 5 it now works.

9. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

Hey that *72 code worked for call forward.

So what other codes work like that?

Thanks

10. bull_tpk

Sorry I should explain myself better. Are there any system level access codes like there are in asterisk, or is it just a case of what ever the device says it is. Example, if you look at vertical service codes on an spa, at sip level, I am sure they will all work.
    But what I am talikng about is system specific funtions like parking, dialing into voicemail ect ect ect. Also some of the sip phones like aastra, dont have these vertical service codes like linksys do.

11. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

AldoLinares,

I am working on putting together a list of all codes. I will post what I have later.

bull_tpk,

I am not really sure. I have not tested at the vertical service level. Perhaps Costas or Nick can chime in here.

12. bull_tpk

Thanks mate. I will keep tabs here. I think this product has huge potential for my soho customers. Is it very stable on Windows?

13. bull_tpk

Also I noticed earlier somehwhere that SPA 400 is a bit unstable. Is this still the case? I have used spa400 with no probs at all on asterisk. Apart from the fact you cant control each circuit, but most sohos dont really have a need for that. it is a really well priced PSTN interface that just seems to work on asterisk anyway.

14. silentfun

silentfun Member

3cx pbx is running on my side very stable in v3 latest buid.

v5 need some adjustmends but i have changed to v5 now.

in productive i thing v3 is useable but i thing it is not good to convert into v5 - i have hat to make a clean install to get it working 95%.

atm i have a problem with incomming call dont answers.
    same provider same settings just a other number. outbout ok inbound not.

so stay tuned and test it and have fun it depends on your needs when you use it in productive area but i am shure you can use it.

Andy

15. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin