Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

User Status Doesn't Stay for one extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vondie, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vondie

I have just upgraded to V12 and now one of our extensions is having difficulty changing user status. Dialing a *31, we can see the users status change from AVAILABLE to AWAY on the Extension Status page, but within a second or two, it will suddenly change back to AVAILABLE. I can do a similar sequence on other extensions and the change sticks. I have rebooted the server and forced a reprovision on the phone itself, but the problem remains. I had no problems changing the status of this extension under v11.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Vondi,

Can you please provide more information as to extension details (phone brand etc) so that we can help you with your issue?

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vondie

The problematic extension is our operator extension phone and is a Yealink T38. Other working extensions are Yealink T32, T22 and W52P.

Looking at the difference in setup, this extension has the "Automatically Set to Out of Office" checked where the others do not. I have just now tested that if I uncheck this box, the AWAY status will stay set using *31. As soon as I check the "Automatically Set to Out of Office" checkbox, it will immediately change the status to AVAILABLE. If I again perform a *31 to change to AWAY, it will within a second or two, change back to AVAILABLE. As I am testing, the hours programmed should be in office time. This behavior is not the same as it was for v11.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes this is correct behavior. We fixed numerous bugs in this area that were present in v11.
    Do you want to manually change your profile or you want automatic changes? because if you want to make manual changes, then uncheck the option Automatically change my status.

Your car at the moment is Automatic. You cannot drive it in manual mode if the gearbox is automatic.
    You have to decide what type of car you want to drive. Either manual or automatic. If you want to drive a manual car, then uncheck that option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vondie

Thanks for the update.

With this new behavior, I don't see how we are going to be able to provide the desired use for the operator station. We absolutely need the ability to have the system change the presence based on office hours, but we also require the ability for the operator to change their real time presence to away in the event they need to step away from the phone for a short period of time. I understand your analogy in regards to transmissions, but today, you can have the best of both worlds with the manumatic (Porsche calls theirs Tiptronic) transmissions that are primarily automatic, but allow the driver to manually select a gear to simulate a manual transmission.

Tim

6. vondie

After further testing, I found that if I changed the extension from using global office hours to specific office hours, the behavior changed to what I expected and saw in v11. Changing the user presence manually will stay applied until an office hour boundary occurs which then changes to out of office or available based on the time. I then changed the extension back to use global office hours and the behavior continued to work as expected and like v11. I have no idea how the system got stuck into the odd behavior I initially reported, but it is working now.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.