• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

User Status not toggling for me on *60 *61 with v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmm

Reaction score
If I dial *61 from my Snom phone, the prompt tells me that DND is ON. However, isn’t this supposed to change the User Status from Available to Away? Nothing happens with this status on the Extension Status Page. The only way I can change the Status is via the 3CX Assistant or the Admin interface. *62 & *63 work fine for changing my Queues status to IN and Out respectively though.
Am I missing something?
This isn’t anything to do with running SNOM firmware greater than 8.4.9 as opposed to the published 8.2.35 I think.
Thank you.

Are you sure the snom phone doesnt have another internal response for *60 and *61? I know they work with v9 via the softphone and via cisco phones.

Hi,

We've differentiated DND from User Statuses.

Statuses:
A User can have 5 different statuses: Available, Away, Out of Office, Custom 1, Custom 2
In all 5 profiles, the user can specify what he wants to happen when he is called.
*Statuses can be changed through each user's Voicemail by entering "1" in the main menu.

DND:
DND can be set to On and OFF through the use of the *60 and *61 dial codes.
DND on will simply redirect all calls to your voicemail, while DND off does nothing really.

Thanks Leonidas.

I just rolled back to v8 this AM as I had this and another problem develop (forwarding to external numbers prohibited - http://www.3cx.com/forums/rebound-feature-goes-direct-to-voicemail-on-v9-16595.html) yesterday when I upgraded to v9.

Thanks for the explanation, but on v8 if I dial *61 the 3cx Extension User Status changes to AWAY; if I dial *60 it changes to AVAILABLE. Our SNOM DND key is programmed to toggle this and it means that users only have to press one button to divert calls to their mobiles when they are out of the office (and we use the Offer Option to Confirm to Accept feature). Very handy and the feature is documented and discussed as a feature in this forum by StefanW among others - http://www.3cx.com/forums/snom-button-to-control-away-available-status-15394.html - where he suggests it works with v9.

So now you’re saying this feature is no longer available with v9 and a user needs to go through their voice mail menu to activate Available/Away, despite the fact that they can still dial *62 and *63 to log in and out of queues? I’ve a bunch of Mac users, so Assistant isn’t the right solution either. Sorry, but this seems a backward step to me...

Don’t you have a workaround? I’m now doomed to stay on v8 what with this and the prohibited calls.

Hi,

I see your point, i'll see if something can be done about this and i'll let you know once i have more info.

That’s great, thank you Leonidas.

To be honest, I was looking forward to v9 as to achieve this in v8 I need to have phantom extensions for the mobiles that I can’t hide in Assistant. I was looking forward to be being able to do that in v9. But of course, with the new v9 forward options, I can do away with the phantom extensions altogether. But at the end of the day, it’s ease of end-user usability that’s important, so the ability to *60/*61 (or any other codes you’d like to apply) kind of overrides all of that.

Looking forward to see what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.