UserAgent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmorffi, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmorffi

Someone knows if it is possible to change the information of Device info or User Agent?

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

what are you talking about when you talk to user agent or device info ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rmorffi

In Asterisk I can change the user agent "useragent =MagicJack/1.80.451b (SJ Labs)". With 3cx I can change to "Provider:[Magicjack] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched"

4. rmorffi

The question is, if 3cx can change this information like asterisk?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a look at the "help with SipPhone not registering " post from a day ago.

6. rmorffi

Thank you, you know if it is possible for the version 6?

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Sorry, but it is really difficult to imagine a usecase where "user-agent" header will play the "critical" role (except interoperability with Gizmo project ;) )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have read of a number of experiences with MajicJack and I can believe that, like Sipphone, they are "picky" about what is connecting to them. Given that you are only meant to connect using the supplied USB device and that the service is somewhat Ad supported, it probably defeats the purpose if the user figures out how to connect using another SIP device. There is a bit of a process to capture the user name and password, they don't make it easy. I have thought about getting one to "play" around with but their privacy/monitoring policy has me a bit concerned

9. rmorffi

It seems that i have not known explain...I have my magic-jack working perfectly with 3cx for a long time...until now I don't have problems...I just wanted know whether it was possible in the version 6 of 3cx change the user agent likes with asterisk.
    "[CM505003]: Provider:[Magicjack] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [ENSR2.5.48.0-IS31-RMRG0-RG900-EP2395215] Transport: [sip:172.16.1.2:5060]"

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If you want to know how to emulate an "Asterisk provided option" then, please, provide description how it should behave...
    If you take care about this log message then the explanation is very simple: this message is the informational one. It means that 3CX PBX doesn't have any "preconfigured restrictions" and you can feel free to configure this device in "as you wish" manner. There is one problem :) , you should (preliminary) read the documentation provided with PBX...

Thanks

11. rmorffi

I thought that this message was the provider, i.e. of magic-jack, that it expects to answer the magi-jack USB and not 3CX. On the other hand I have been seeking information about this issue in the manual, but I cannot find something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.