Username/Password not working in Management Console.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 9009, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9009

I can't log into our v15 3cx with our Username & Password anymore. I get: Incorrect Username or Password. How can I reset? Or is there a way to fix it?

Thank you.

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @9009 ,

If you have entered a wrong username or password more than 3 times, your IP has been blacklisted (local if you are local to the PBX server,or public if you are outside the PBXs network). The only IP that does not get blacklisted is the PBXs local IP address.
    If you have access to the machine hosting the PBX, try from there. If you don't, just wait for 30 minutes until you get removed from the blacklist or try from a different local or public IP.
    If you have forgotten the username or password for the management console, you can find them in the XML file of a backup of the PBX. Just search for "WEBSERVERPASS" and "WEBSERVERUSER".

Hope this helps!

3. 9009

We have not changed our username or password, and yes, I have entered the same username and password more than 3 times on the machine hosting the PBX.

I have waited a full day and am still not able to use the same username and password.

I have tried logging into the Management Console from a different machine within the same network and still get the same error message.

Can you please guide me as to how do I find the XTML file of a backup. Is there an automatic backup where this file would be, as we have not setup a backup.

Thank you.

4. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you do not have a backup setup,the only other way to recover your username and password is to open a ticket in our support portal if you can. There we will be able to assist you further.

5. 9009

I have not changed the username or password. would you know why it would not work anymore? I tried and can't open a ticket in support portal.

Any other solutions please.

Thank you.

6. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Does anyone else have access to the PBX? Is there any chance someone else changed it?
    Unfortunately there is no other way to recover your username and password. I cannot know why it is not working anymore.
    Since you cannot open a ticket your self maybe contact your reseller, they should be able to open a ticket for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.