• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Username with non-alphanumeric signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remuz

Reaction score
My proxy provider is digisip. In Asterisk I use the following line to register:
Code:
register => 08xxxxxxxx:password:[email protected]/1000
So I want to set something similar up in 3CX but as I add : to the userid it gives away the ASCII code 3A instead. My log says like this:
Code:
Registration of 08xxxxxxxx%3Apassword%[email protected] has failed; reason=Unauthorized.

Any suggestions? Is it the DB that doesnt handle the signs?

not sure but i thing the ":" have brogen the semantic rules of the program

as a fast workaround try to change your login at your provider if you can do. if not knee down and pray. :))

Hank what do you thing about this?

I cant change the login :(

There must be a way to not use the DB to store the login but a pointer to maybe a file with the logon-info. I dont really know how the system is built so I just drop suggestions :p

I guess the DB-data is expanded to avoid unwanted signs and that the compress function isnt translating 3A to : Am I right?

The thing is the digest username. As I have to set the phone logonid to the phonenumber in the program to get the request as [email protected]. If I just set caller ID to the number and use logonid it will request like [email protected] (in this case the digest username is allright, but the server will refuse since I register [email protected])

Please, try the following:

1. Open line settings page for your line
2. In the section Authorization
- set ID to be 08xxxxxxxx
- set Password to be 16xxx
3. Voila!

That gives me following:
Code:
To: "08xxxxxxxx"<sip:[email protected]>
Code:
Authorization: Digest username="08xxxxxx",realm="proxy.digisip.net",
nonce="464493408acd41e2ad9a6ae8668740d3801ea776",
uri="sip:proxy.digisip.net",
response="bbda7bd08be224b5f6b528fb76d7d1e4",
algorithm=MD5
What I need is:
Code:
To: <sip:[email protected]>
Code:
Authorization: Digest username="16xxx", realm="proxy.digisip.net", algorithm=MD5, uri="sip:proxy.digisip.net", nonce="4644558cdae6d93409fdda62ec282458f1ec4991", response="90498b0e94e0578387d5d7694bfa3fda", opaque=""
Wich I cant get since 3CX uses:
Code:
To: "OutboundCID"<sip:[email protected]>

Code:
Authorization: Digest username="LoginID",realm="proxy.digisip.net",
nonce="46445b3a564616fc637fa4579cd8b41040a2b64b",
uri="sip:proxy.digisip.net",
response="9cdf6856f029496ec24f4a1f550250bc",algorithm=MD5
Where LoginID is the ID under Auth and OutboundCID is the Outbound caller ID. The LoginID in the first <SIP> should be (at least in my case, maybe they dont follow RFC) OutboundCID

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=986&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=register

Seems it has been up here before :/

Yes, it's true. We have tested our system to work with five major VoIP providers, and it works fine. Noone required different SIP and Auth IDs.
Now we're thinking about introducing separate SIP ID and Auth ID, and it will be done in near future. Not a big deal, actually. Thank you for advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.