Users getting 2mb emtpy VM's to their Email

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Several users have reported getting 2mb Empty Voicemails to their Exchange Email inbox.
    The caller id shows 4000 Receptionist - but she claims she is not sending them calls.

v11
    Patton t1 gateway

12:51pm update: It seems when the Receptionist transfers a call to someone, her extension in MyPhone shows "On Internal Call"... then after 2 minutes - it times out and leaves a long a** message.

Any ideas?

Maybe this will be helpful - this is logs for this extension 4926 when right before he received the 2mb empty email.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What I suspect, is that the person being transferred to the extension, upon reaching voicemail, hangs up, and the gateway is not set up to disconnect the trunk in a timely manner. That's just a quick guess.

3. craigreilly

It seems it was a problem with how the Receptionist phone (a Yealink T28) was setup for Transfers. All the other phones are T38's. The Receptionist is different because it supports 'XML Browser' for a Night Mode script (I can turn the BLF's red or flash or whatever).
    I still do not understand the function of the 3 options:
    Semi-Attend Transfer
    Blind Transfer OnHook
    Attended Trans OnHook

Receptionist had on, on, on
    What seems to work is off,off,on

So when she transfered a call - when the other end picked up her phone still showed "In Transfer" and after like 2 minutes her phone would beep once. And that is when the user she sent transfer to would get the 2mb voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ntelecom

I ran into some problems with a Receptionist using a Yealink phone and transferring to a Yealink phone.

First it was showing a missed call by the receptionist.
    So i changed the Semi-Automated Transfer to True.
    That fixes the Missed call, but then caused several other errors.
    1st, the system would not automatically go to the VM after 20 seconds like programmed.
    2nd i would get 2 minute long VM Messages From the Receptionist if that call was ignored.

I had to take off the Semi-Automated Transfer
    I also ended up switching to a Grandstream phone for my receiptionist.

5. craigreilly

That is where I am at with the settings. We had no issues with this yesterday so I think we are good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.