Using 3CX and several Skype accounts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

I have been reviewing the new functionality 3cX Skype Gateway to add Skype accounts to the 3CX system, however it is not very clear for me.
    Let me explain you my situation. I need to get what in Spain we called "plain price" which is basically paying a price per month and being able to make all national calls for free... It is quite hard to find a provider in Spain with that feature in VoIP, while in normal analogic phone industry it is a general practice. So I found that in Skype you have a plan called "Eruope with no limits" whic is basically hiring a plan for 7€ and you can make 10.000 mins calls for free (with some limitations).

I would like to know if I can hire a plan for each extension in my 3CX system, and with the Skype 3CX Gateway link each account with its "Eroupe no limits" plan, to each extension

Reading the configuration guide for the 3CX Skype Gateway, says that you have to install Skype in the same machine the 3CX Skype Gateway is installed, but it is not clear how it can be done to add several Skype Accounts, each Skype Account to each extension.

Could you please help me to understand if this is possible?

Also , if you find another solution to get a "plain price" for "unlimited calls" please let me know.

Regards

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Skype SIP trunks or 'regular' Skype accounts ?

SIP trunks from Skype were about €6.95 per month, so you have as many SIP trunks as you want, plus that you may have multiple channels per trunk -- if not mistaken, up to 300 (but on another monthly fee). You don't need Skype gateway in this case.

If speaking about Skype gateway and 'regular' Skype accounts, I'm not sure you can have more than one per machine, at least I didn't managed to configure it.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jlabuelo

Hi there

Thanks a lot for the clarification. So basically you mean I can hire three subscriptions for the Skype plan "Unlimited Europe" for €6.89 VAT included (each) and throught the 3CX PBX machine link each skype subscrition to each of the three extensions we have for our 3 agents?.

If it is not as I am explaining, could you please explain to me how you would configure it so we could have a "plain price" program with Skype for each of our extensions in the 3CX PBX System. Also another question, Can this be done with the Free 3CX System?

Thanks a lot.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Look at this link: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/skype-connect/

If this is what you meant -- this is a standard SIP service working on many IP PBXs, including 3CX.
    It is not necessary and you should not use Skype Gateway -- it is intended for traditional Skype accounts.

If using Skype SIP trunks you may negotiate several simultaneous channels, instead of using several accounts. The 3CX free edition is supporting 4 simultaneous calls only.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

just a head up, you cant have a unlimited calling plan on a Skype Connect Account ;) Billing is Pay As You Go

If you want unlimited calls check out voiptalk.org £9.99 - unlimited calls to UK, EU, and USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.