• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using 3CX Externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

gateway978

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm probably being an idiot, but I'm completely lost when it comes to setting up my server to use externally.
We have a static IP address on the router, and the machine is obviously static'd to the internal network, but does the machine need an external/public IP itself, that is separate from the static IP of our network? (if this is even possible!)

Because, at the moment my setup is:

Public IP: Public IP of the router/network
STUN Server: Everything is set to the default (Although, I have tried turning it off and setting the public IP to the same as the Public IP)
Ports: All are mapped in the Firewall (We use a NETGEAR ProSafe)

In Advanced:
The custom parameter that has to be enabled is definitely enabled.

The extension is 'allowed' to be connected to externally, and through the tunnel as well.

I have tried connecting to the server through my Android App (Over wifi and T-Mobile), and at home using a Softphone over BT Home Broadband.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks and sorry!

Ryan

The machine running 3Cx doesn't require a public IP, just a private one from your router. There are users that have problems with some VoIP providers if STUN is left enabled, I would leave it enabled unless/until it causes problems, and disabling it fixes the problems.

You should (if you haven't already done so), run the 3Cx firewall checker. have a look at the results, if anything is amiss then there is probably something not set properly in your router (port forwarding/options), or, a firewall conflict/issue in the machine running 3CX.

Go into the 3CX logs right after an attempted registration by a remote extension, is there any sign of it?

If not, then something is blocking it (Firewall checker results?), or the remote set is not "pointed" to the right place. Since you are having problems with more than one set, from more than one location, I may be wrong, but, I'll assume the former.

Here is some reading for you.. http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/troubleshooting-direct-remote-extension/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc92260
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.