• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using 3CX Phone System with Analogue PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

manticore01

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just set up the 3CX Phone system on our server here, we currently have a KX-TDE100 PBX (No IP Cards all Panasonic Digital Phones and Analogue Phone).

What i would like to do is set up a ATA (Probably SPA3102) and connect this to the KX TDE-100 and the 3CX Server. And then somehow be able to dial an extension on the KX-TDE from the SIP phones using the 3CX Server.

Im sure this must be possible somehow? Is this the way to go about it? Or an alternative would be to by a PSTN card for the server and integrate this somehow?

I dont have much experience with the KX-TDE100 and would like to move over to using softphones and IP phones for the boat.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Chris

This is possible with SPA3102 - you may need several for several simultaneous calls.
Are you completely sure your TDE100 is not having a DSP daughter card in it ?
Somehow it's better to do it via SIP trunks and using 3CX bridge.

Regards

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i have got an IPCMPR card which i can assign virtual voip gateway card to if this would help?

Would this be what i need?

Best Regards

Chris

IPCMPR card is the main processor card. Still you need DSP-16 or DSP-64 daughter card on it, to be able to make or receive VoIP calls. You can check this from Panasonic Maintenance Console, logging into your TDE, goto ICPMPR card in Menu 1.1, step over the IPCMPR card, select card property and then select VoIP-DSP option tab. You should see the DSP card present, if any:

This means you have license for 4 or 16 SIP trunks, depending on the model of DSP card.

Check your private message.

Regards

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 984
Not having DSP card (for making VoIP calls in Panasonic) -- preferred method of interconnection, you need one or more SPA-3102 to interconnect Panasonic analog trunk and extension line(s) to 3CX as SIP trunk and extension.

Typical interconnection in this case looks like:

Panasonic extension >> Panasonic CO line >> SPA FXS port >> 3CX designated extension(s) >> 3CX lines or extensions
3CX extension >> 3CX SIP trunk >> SPA FXO port >> Panasonic designated extension(s) >> Panasonic lines or extensions

It is possible to have both type of calls simultaneously.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.