Using 3CX Phone System with Epygi Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rayno_b, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayno_b

Apr 6, 2017

I am very new to 3CX, so please have some patience with me.
    1. I am trying to setup a hosted 3CX phone system in the AWS Cloud - This has been done and seems to be working very well.
    2. I created a few extensions and were able to connect a Snom 300 phone to it, as well as some 3CX softphones installed on iOS devices.
    3. These extensions can call each other just fine - audio working, extensions ringing, etc. Pretty much perfect!
    The next thing I wanted to do, was connect my Epygi Quadro 4Li to the system as a SIP Gateway to be able to make and receive calls from our Basic Rate numbers. So this Epygi Gateway, is located in our office, very far away from the AWS cloud...
    1. I have a static IP behind where the Epygi Gateway is located. The static IP feeds directly into a Hauwei router, from where I port forwarded port 5099 (from the WAN port) to the 5060 (on the LAN port) to the internal IP address of the Epygi Gateway.
    2. I configured the call routing options on the Epygi Gateway to allow calls from the 3CX Remote host.
    So, now when I make an external call, it is routed via the Epygi Gateway, but
    1. It is VERY slow. It takes more than 30 seconds for the call to start ringing on the external number.
    2. But the biggest issue, is that I do not have any audio on either side of the call.
    I don't know exactly why this would be and where to start looking and would appreciate some pointers?

Thank you very much,
  2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.