Using 3CX with a Synway SHT-2B/USB

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by raywesner, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raywesner

I have been searching the web, and these forums for many hours, and cannot find a way to use my Synway SHT2B/USB voice modem with the 3CX software.

Could anyone provide some help?

Here is a link to the product.
    http://www.synway.net/Download/Manual/HardwareManual/Rec_ATP004.pdf

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am uncertain what you are trying to achieve. Can you elaborate?

In looking at the manual, this is not a voice modem, but rather a device that allows the recording of calls on an analog line be it a telephone line or at the handset/headset level, but not both at the same time. Your device is something that uses the USB interface back into the system to create and store the recorded file of the conversation that occurred. Your version will accommodate 2 calls.

The manual is not very informative, but I do not see an application that involves 3CX. If you want to record calls, then 3CX has that functionality built-in.

3. raywesner

The synway is used to pick up a call on a analog line. I do not have a VOIP account, but a land line. The business is not very big and very rarely get more than one or two phone calls at a time. I would like an interactive menu when a call comes into the business, and then let the caller choose menu options to get to the right area of the company. I am currently testing out IVM & Axon by NCH software, but want to explore my options before choosing a service software.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You will require a VoIP Gateway to connect a PSTN line to the 3CX PBX. There are gateways with one, two, and more ports. The price per port tends to drop as the number of ports on a device increases so it may be worth spending a bit more money now, for something that allows for expansion later.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Leejor is correct in specifying what will be needed to connect a PTSN line to 3CX and suspect the same is required for Axon, being that it too is a software PBX.

However, I am still uncertain as to the application for the device. 3CX has call recording capabilities which are built-in, but perhaps your device is more suited to your needs. In any event, your device will need to be installed either prior to the gateway that Leejor mentioned or at the extension itself. If using analog handsets you will need analog terminal adapters. If you only have two lines, then you would be best served putting the device in front of the gateway as you may have more than two extensions, the two extensions may not be located close to one another, and you could still use IP phones to get the best utilization and features of the overall system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.