Using 3CX with extensions on other VOIP providers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sealeyr, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sealeyr

Hi all, apologies for the strange title, I'm JUST in the process of installing 3CX on my 2003 server, and have no knowledge of 3CX, although I'm also just printing the manual off.

The scenario is that I have a sip account with Draytel - voip provider (with an associated pstn number for people to call) and 3 other sip accounts (again, all with draytel)

What I hope to achieve is for people to call the PSTN(voip) number which I want to land at the 3CX server, and then for the digital assistant in 3cx to offer the selection of who to reach, which would then forward the call to the appropriate one of 3 other voip accounts.

Basically, the 3 other accounts each have a sip phone on the end of them that register to the draytel voip (sip) service and I'm trying to front access to those phones with a digital assistant via the first sip number and trying to work out if this is even possible with 3CX.

Hope this make sense to someone who can give me a simple answer and a pointer as to how I would do it.

Many thanks,

Rob.

2. sealeyr

Thank you to all who at least looked at my question.

I have (many many hours later) figured out the answer to my question. As there are no phones registered to the extensions that I want to forward from, it was easy as I just had to tell 3CX to route the call to an external number (and that number was the number of the draytel phone that I wanted to ring). Just a quick outbound rule to tell it to forward all calls starting with an 8 (happens to be the case for all the draytel phones I need to reach) via the draytel voip provider that the call came in via.

Easy when you know how!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.