Using 3CX with SIPSTATION

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jbone902, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbone902

I originally purchased a SIP Trunk and a DID from the freepbx SIPSTATION, when freepbx didn't work out i transferred to 3CX. I'm not sure who im supposed to sue when setting up a Voip provider, do i use bandwidth or SIPSTATION? also i did not receive an external number from them so for that do i put in my DID? can someone please help i'm stuck on setting it up.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the SIP trunk an DID a single service, or considered two individual services? Generaly when one talks about DID's, it it when there are a series of them allowing a call to each unique number to route to a particular extension/department/queue, etc.

In your case, would it just be a two way voice line?

Not being familiar with the provider you are using, I'm trying to get my head around your set-up.

This is why I'm asking if it it two distinct services. If you ordered a "line", then , yes, the DID number is your incoming number, after all, that is the only "real" number that people can call you on. Is the registration (SIP server) for each, the same, or different? Is registration even required for outgoing calls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.