Using a normal conference line during WebMeeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by digahill, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digahill

Hi. My company is using v14 of 3CX. I am trying to get things configured for our sales team to use the WebMeeting feature to have a screen sharing sessions during their demos with potential customers.

Our potential customers aren't going to be set up to make a voice or video call over their computers, so we still need to use the normal 3CX phone conferencing during the meetings.

I don't see a way for our team to create the conference from the WebMeeting interface. Rather, it looks like they must schedule a WebMeeting and then schedule a Conference Call. Not only is this essentially double the work, but our customers will get two emails in that scenario. One with the WebMeeting link and another with the conference dial in number and code.

Is there any way to integrate these features? I don't see any options for such a setup in the 3cx admin settings.

If not, is there a cleaner path I can have our sales team go down? I need to make the process as easy as possible for non technical people. If I can't make it happen I will have to keep with our current solution, join.me.

Thanks!

tpheasant likes this.
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What if the telephone portion was not scheduled and you put the Conference ID and Dial In Number into the Webmeeting invite...
    Then the meeting leader creates the On Demand Audio Conference minutes before the meeting start and the end users Dial In when they are ready?

That is how we do it and it works for our needs.
    But nothing tied together like WebEx functionality that I know of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. digahill

Thanks for the idea. I don't see where to get the PIN after creating an On Demand conference call. Do you know where I find that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.