Using a Patton 4554 Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nar, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nar

nar

Before I shell out for one of these, could the collected wisdom confirm or deny whether this is likely to work?

I want to connect a Patton 4554 to one of the outbound ISDN trunk lines on our existing PABX. All the words I've read about the Patton have it functioning as a terminal with an ISDN line coming from the outside world plugged into it; I want to replace one of our existing real ISDN lines with the Patton so that we can call out using a SIP provider instead.

Is this possible using the patton or do I need to look at something else?

Thanks, Neil.

2. silvano

You want to connect your ISDN phones to an IP PBX, right?

If I understood correctly what you would like to do I can tell you there are other products on the Patton website that can connect ISDN phones to an IP PBX, like this one: http://www.patton.com/products/pe_products.asp?category=359&MiDAS_SessionID=97e94715c87a454d93375ff9e261e449

There are various products, depending on how many BRIs you need.

The 4554 is meant to connect an IP PBX to the PSTN :)

Silvano

3. cs

cs

Patton 4554
    the 4554 does not have the option to switch the BRI from TE to NT.

Patton 463x
    this option is available on the 4634 which has 3 BRI ports, but attention it can only handle 4 calls at one time, this should be enough if you will have one external and one internal BRI

Patton 4552
    you should look for the 4552, this small unit has one external BRI an one connection called PHONE, there is no description one the patton website, you may find some information on the german www ebertlang de
    http://www.telefonie-via-ip.de/0203-gateways.cfm#isdn
    but cannot check if this phone connector is a real BRI port, we are getting one of this devices next week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.