• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using an ATA at a Remote Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanM

Customer
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am attempting to connect our remote office to the main office that is running v15.5. Our remote office is small and currently using two analog cordless phones. I am thinking of using a Welltech ATA 172plus at the site. I have several computers at the site that could be used to host the 3CX SBC. However, I cannot figure out how to configure the ATA to use the SBC. There are configurations available for IP phones for this scenario but I do not see any for the Welltech. We are currently using the Welltech ATA 172plus at the main office without any issues.

Is it possible to configure an ATA at a remote site either with or without a 3CX SBC?

Regards,
AlanM

The only supported configuration for ATA's would be a site-to-site VPN connection.

https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

The device must be local to 3CX, in the same subnet and/or locally routed subnet (including site to site VPN)

jem1,

You know, I looked at that configuration page several times and never noticed that line. Thanks. I will have to proceed to plan B...as soon as I come up with one.

Not a problem. I'm not sure what the technical reason they cannot work over the SBC, but VPN is really the only way to go for remote sites with ATA's.

You can use VPN or you can use ATA that supports STUN, like Cisco SPA-112/122, Grandstream HT-701/702 or new HT-801/802. I can't tell you whether Welltech supports STUN.
Please note that for remote fax you need VPN, as fax extensions are not allowed to register outside of LAN in 3CX v.15/15.5

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
Maybe too late for this post, but for those looking for supported cordless phones at remote sites the Yealink DECT cordless phones are supported behind an SBC or using STUN. Works great. Yes, not really an ATA, but if your need is cordless then these are a great option.

Reactions: viraltechnology
Maybe too late for this post, but for those looking for supported cordless phones at remote sites the Yealink DECT cordless phones are supported behind an SBC or using STUN. Works great. Yes, not really an ATA, but if your need is cordless then these are a great option.
and really easy to set up too!

Reactions: accentlogic
Hi AlanM,

Although not supported I have got both Patton and beroNet FXS gateways working across the SBC without issue.

As Welltech are a supported model this should be a similar setup:
https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Simply follow the guide so you get the configuration file and either alter the file or after upload login and manually change the setting for the registration/outbound registrar.

This will be 3CX's local address by default. You need to change this to that of the SBC's address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.