Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using an ATA at a Remote Site

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlanM, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanM

Greetings,

I am attempting to connect our remote office to the main office that is running v15.5. Our remote office is small and currently using two analog cordless phones. I am thinking of using a Welltech ATA 172plus at the site. I have several computers at the site that could be used to host the 3CX SBC. However, I cannot figure out how to configure the ATA to use the SBC. There are configurations available for IP phones for this scenario but I do not see any for the Welltech. We are currently using the Welltech ATA 172plus at the main office without any issues.

Is it possible to configure an ATA at a remote site either with or without a 3CX SBC?

Regards,
    AlanM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jem1

3. AlanM

jem1,

You know, I looked at that configuration page several times and never noticed that line. Thanks. I will have to proceed to plan B...as soon as I come up with one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jem1

Not a problem. I'm not sure what the technical reason they cannot work over the SBC, but VPN is really the only way to go for remote sites with ATA's.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can use VPN or you can use ATA that supports STUN, like Cisco SPA-112/122, Grandstream HT-701/702 or new HT-801/802. I can't tell you whether Welltech supports STUN.
    Please note that for remote fax you need VPN, as fax extensions are not allowed to register outside of LAN in 3CX v.15/15.5

6. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Maybe too late for this post, but for those looking for supported cordless phones at remote sites the Yealink DECT cordless phones are supported behind an SBC or using STUN. Works great. Yes, not really an ATA, but if your need is cordless then these are a great option.

viraltechnology likes this.
  7. viraltechnology

and really easy to set up too!

accentlogic likes this.
  8. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi AlanM,

Although not supported I have got both Patton and beroNet FXS gateways working across the SBC without issue.

As Welltech are a supported model this should be a similar setup:
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/welltech-wellgate-ata172plus/

Simply follow the guide so you get the configuration file and either alter the file or after upload login and manually change the setting for the registration/outbound registrar.

This will be 3CX's local address by default. You need to change this to that of the SBC's address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.