Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using ATA Analog Adaptors for Fax Machines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I have a requirement sprung on me for my install next week. The client has a conventional fax machine they want to assign a DDI.

I assume I can purchase a standard ATA device and not have any issues ?

http://www.voipon.co.uk/patton-mata1e-micro-analog-telephone-adapter1-x-fxs-rj11-1-p-534.html is a basic Patton ATA I am considering purchasing.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know of any known issues with Fax through the 3CX ?

2. Any preference on ATA devices for compatibility with the 3CX or just anecdotal experience would be handy to know about.

Whilst I'm aware the 3CX will handle faxes natively and send them to email - our client wants them to print directly, therefore I will have to assign a DDI to a fax extension.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

An ATA will work, however it is really dependent on the provider. You will have to try it out and see how it works with your setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with my fax machine going through a SPA-1001 to my VoIP LD provider (vitelity.com), but it does depend on what your provider will allow. Always had good luck with the Sipura/linksys/Cisco (the keep changing the names) series of ATA's. I'm sure that there are many on the market that will do the job for you, most will show the fax capability in the specs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.