• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using Cell phone as GSM Gateway or GSM Gateway for AWS 1700

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfssd

Reaction score
We wanted to use GSM as our Trunk, because our building can't get phone line.. however the issue is the provider we wanted to use is Wind mobile in Canada which use AWS 1700. I was thinking to use Oktell SIP GSM gateway driver.. but I can't found a modem that work that have AWS 1700 and that driver.

I was wondering if anyone know a USB / PCI modem that work with AWS 1700 3G.. If not is there any way I could use a smart phone or some cell phone that work with the provider and use it as a trunk line?

Re: Using Cell phone as GSM Gateway or GSM Gateway for AWS 1

Ok.. since no one added any reply.. I will reply to my own answer..

I do see a E1691 capable of voice... Now the question is how do I get this to work with 3CX..

Re: Using Cell phone as GSM Gateway or GSM Gateway for AWS 1

GSM gateway usage is fairly limited in North America as compared to other locations in the world - particularly Europe. . The GSM Band 4 spectrum (1700) is also relatively new from a deployment standpoint and unfortunately, in your case, likely limits the number of folks who might have the answer. Manufacturers still focus on the larger installed base and finding a gateway for your needs and one that is supported by 3CX is unlikely and/or used by someone who has figured it out may take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.