Using Cisco 7962G with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by knsaunders, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knsaunders

Greetings, I am trying to get a Cisco 7962G working with 3CX and have had problems. I have read so many posts on here and other websites but with no Luck. I can see that the 7940's have been known to work.

After reading so many websites I have not been successful to this point, here is some info:

- Firmware: SIP42.9-2-3S
    - IP Address for 3CX server 192.168.0.12
    - IP Address for Cisco phone 192.168.0.35 (provisioned by DHCP Server)
    - Other Firmware's used: 8.52 SIP, 8.12 SIP
    - Phone Does not show up in 3CX Management Console "Phones" section, 3CX Phone does and I can make and receive calls from there.
    - TFTP Server is working with no problems, it is setup as Option 66 & 150 in DHCP Server.
    - Phone is stuck in a loop requesting CTLSEP<MAC#>.tlv and now recently asking for a ITLSEP<MAC>.tlv file. I created blank files with these file names, I can see that it was transferred to the phone but it will continue to request these files then after the 2nd time "Configuring IP" shows up on phone display.
    - Confused over which Config Files are needed, some websites mention SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml and XMLDefault.xml, others also mention SIPDefault.cnf & SIP<MAC>.cnf
    - Confused over SIP Username, SIP Proxy etc, which one would be my VOIP Provider(voip.ms) username and password or is it asking for my entension # and password?

Any assistance would be apprecaited. I can supply Config files/Logs upon request.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ian Joyce

Here is a link to an article we did on that:
    http://www.888voip.com/configuring-cisco-79407960-phones-with-3cx/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.