Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using Cisco 7962G with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by knsaunders, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knsaunders

Greetings, I am trying to get a Cisco 7962G working with 3CX and have had problems. I have read so many posts on here and other websites but with no Luck. I can see that the 7940's have been known to work.

After reading so many websites I have not been successful to this point, here is some info:

- Firmware: SIP42.9-2-3S
    - IP Address for 3CX server 192.168.0.12
    - IP Address for Cisco phone 192.168.0.35 (provisioned by DHCP Server)
    - Other Firmware's used: 8.52 SIP, 8.12 SIP
    - Phone Does not show up in 3CX Management Console "Phones" section, 3CX Phone does and I can make and receive calls from there.
    - TFTP Server is working with no problems, it is setup as Option 66 & 150 in DHCP Server.
    - Phone is stuck in a loop requesting CTLSEP<MAC#>.tlv and now recently asking for a ITLSEP<MAC>.tlv file. I created blank files with these file names, I can see that it was transferred to the phone but it will continue to request these files then after the 2nd time "Configuring IP" shows up on phone display.
    - Confused over which Config Files are needed, some websites mention SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml and XMLDefault.xml, others also mention SIPDefault.cnf & SIP<MAC>.cnf
    - Confused over SIP Username, SIP Proxy etc, which one would be my VOIP Provider(voip.ms) username and password or is it asking for my entension # and password?

Any assistance would be apprecaited. I can supply Config files/Logs upon request.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ian Joyce

Here is a link to an article we did on that:
    http://www.888voip.com/configuring-cisco-79407960-phones-with-3cx/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.