Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using dial codes on an analog phone...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ClayGoss, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayGoss

We have 3CX 12.5 with Cisco SPA112 ATAs an various cordless phones that are used in our warehouse areas. I would like to get things set so that they can put calls in a parking orbit, transfer, blind transfer, etc from these cordless analog phones. That is, use dial codes. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used any of the latest round of Cisco/Linksys ATA's, but I assume that the operation is the same as previous versions.

That being the case...dial codes will (generally) require the use of a flash first, then you get dialtone, then you enter the (star) code.
    All of this means that in many cases it is awkward to store these operations on a speed dial key as many phones won't store a hook flash.

3. ClayGoss

OK. I can hit flash and get the second dial tone. My call is put on a local hold. If I do not clear the dial codes I want to use from the Cisco ATA, it performs the function therein - say I want to put the call in parking orbit 5, dialing *05 puts the call in a call back and when the caller hangs up, it dials them back. If I clear the dial code, the *05 gives an audible error tone. I can go back to the call on the analog phone, but it did not go into the parking orbit.

It seems, I need some way to pass the dial code to the 3CX pbx, and of course, putting a call in a parking orbit on an IP phone involves doing a blind transfer, then the *0<orbit number>

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One thing that you may have to look into is the star code list within the ATA. It may have a different (default) function than what you want 3CX to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.