Using dial codes on an analog phone...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ClayGoss, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayGoss

We have 3CX 12.5 with Cisco SPA112 ATAs an various cordless phones that are used in our warehouse areas. I would like to get things set so that they can put calls in a parking orbit, transfer, blind transfer, etc from these cordless analog phones. That is, use dial codes. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used any of the latest round of Cisco/Linksys ATA's, but I assume that the operation is the same as previous versions.

That being the case...dial codes will (generally) require the use of a flash first, then you get dialtone, then you enter the (star) code.
    All of this means that in many cases it is awkward to store these operations on a speed dial key as many phones won't store a hook flash.

3. ClayGoss

OK. I can hit flash and get the second dial tone. My call is put on a local hold. If I do not clear the dial codes I want to use from the Cisco ATA, it performs the function therein - say I want to put the call in parking orbit 5, dialing *05 puts the call in a call back and when the caller hangs up, it dials them back. If I clear the dial code, the *05 gives an audible error tone. I can go back to the call on the analog phone, but it did not go into the parking orbit.

It seems, I need some way to pass the dial code to the 3CX pbx, and of course, putting a call in a parking orbit on an IP phone involves doing a blind transfer, then the *0<orbit number>

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One thing that you may have to look into is the star code list within the ATA. It may have a different (default) function than what you want 3CX to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.