• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Using existing landline with 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

messofaserverroom

Reaction score
Hello

I am wondering if it is possible for an existing UK landline to be used with 3cx. I would like the landline to be able to receive calls from both 3cx and the normal telephone number. It would also have to make calls through 3cx and the normal telephone number. I have made a little diagram to show this: (sorry for the bad paint skills)

diagram_and_amazzing_paint_skills.png

I am attempting to do this as we have employees who work from home and many of them have no way of using a VoIP phone, 3cx softphone, etc. It is very important that their number is never shown
(company data protection policy). Also, it has to work alongside their home phone (can't miss that call from granny).

Thanks,
Ben

The first scenario is possible, the second is a bit trickier.. In the first, the DR sends a call to a local "dummy" extension within the PBX, which is in turn , forwarded (sorry, diverted) to the employees home number. the problem comes when the line at the employee end in engaged. If the employees home phone has voicemail, then the call will be answered by that, which is probably not the best solution. When if they have call waiting on the line, they will have to end any existing call as they don't know how long the incoming call will be.

The second scenario, as described is not as simple. The digital receptionist can sent calls to pre-determined destinations, in a similar manner as above, but you want calls to be dialled to random numbers. You really want a DISA (Direct Inward System Access) port. These will accept incoming calls, screen them by means of caller ID, and/or, a PIN, then provide dialtone. Calls can then be placed to an extension, or if enabled, an outside line. As it is, the only thing similar in 3CX currently, is the ability to place an outside call through the options in a users voicemail menu. Read through the 3Cx manual, that might do what you want, but requires a bit more work on the part of the user, to access.

here may be an add-on box, or a service from a provider, that will offer DISA service,but you'd have to do some searching.

Reactions: StefanW
the 3CX CFD could be used to build a DISA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.