• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using GSM Gateway for after Hours forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasn78

Reaction score
Hi everybody, the company I work is looking at moving to 3cx and I have figured how to do everything else except this one. At the moment we have a night mode on our phones which sends all calls out to someones mobile over the gsm line we have in the office. Is there a way with 3CX of configuring the out of office hours rule to use the GSM Gateway to route the call to a specific mobile number? The reason I ask this is it is a free call with our accounts between that office GSM line and our mobiles so of course we want to keep this cost saving feature.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

incoming call->night mode route-> dummy extension with fixed call forwarding (all calls) to mobile number. Create an outbound rule just for that one extension, for that one number, to route to the GSM gateway,

thanks leejor :) will give that a shot

or switch the profiling to OOO and then call the Mobile from there on. In the daytime back to the EXT and there you go.
Should be doable.

hey guys this is working great except i would like to be able to set it by somehow choosing the number you are forwarding to for that night at the phone rather than have to access the system manager each time. Our old phone system had whats called a night mode where you programmed the phone once then when last person left the office they pressed a night mode button to forward all calls to that number rather than a time based fuction. Is there a way to do this?

Hi,
On 3cx there is now a code (version 9) that allows you to tell the PBX when the overall status is day or night. You can configure the code in advanced settings -> dial code

I hope that helps

Richard Crabb

Hi,
I think I've cracked it! In Call Assistant go to preferences -> advanced. In call parking, set "Increment parking orbit on multiple call parkings". It now seems to work as one would expect. Otherwise it always parks on the same given orbit number. I guess that is OK if you set extension 401 to use orbit 0, 402 to use orbit 1 etc. Or maybe share one parking number amongst a number of extensions.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards
Richard Crabb

Sorry I have posted on the wrong topic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.