using handytone 286 across wan

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by belvoir, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belvoir

I have a configured 3CX pbx on which I can make and receive calls using 3CX Phone for windows.

I have a tunnel setup so that I can use 3CX phone on my laptop when I am away from base.

I have just purchased a handytone 286 ATA which I have configured on the local LAN and it works fine.

I now want to use the ATA at a remote location but I cannot register it over the internet with the 3CX PBX. Presumably this is because, unlike the 3CX Phone, it doesn't support the tunnel (or does it). Presumably I need to open ports on my firewall - if so, which ones and are there any other NAT issues I need to be aware of. Can you please point me in the direction of any instructions that would help.

Thanks for your help

2. willow

willow Member

you will need to port forward 5060 and 9000 -9049 on the 3cx end. on the remote end you will need to just make sure that they are not blocked. Setting up stun on the HT should handle everything else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Have you allowed using the remote extension outside of LAN (in extension settings | other)?
    When using the 3CX tunnel the extension is treated as been local, not remote.

Normally you should not do anything on the remote site router, in some environments you need STUN operating correctly.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Don't forget that you will also have to register with public IP of the router that 3CX is behind, not the private IP of the 3CX server. If you use a dynamic DNS service and are registering with a URL, make sure that that URL is set in 3CX as the Domain. (Advanced Settings)

5. belvoir

Thanks to all. Resolved by using SIP Proxy Manager - great piece of software once you understand what it's doing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.