Using OBi110 for calling with Google Voice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Aboxtech, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aboxtech

I'm trying to set-up the 3CX system to use Google voice. I have the 3CX system set-up to use another sip truck with no problems. I've tried to set-up the 3CX system using the solution mentioned on this site but they are using a POTS line. I just want to use Google Voice to make call calls out and in. Any help and suggestions?

Thanks!
    Jay

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't managed to get my hands on one of those yet, but, is the Google Voice "connection" not meant to pass through to an analogue set plugged into the Obi? When you use any gateway device (with 3CX), 3CX is on the Ethernet "side" and the PSTN line (FXO), on the other. Since Google Voice is already on the Ethernet "side", I'm not positive that you will be able to pass Google Voice onto a 3CX trunk without going into another gateway. GV-->Obi-->FXS---phone cord-->FXO/SPA3102--->3CX

A company now offers (do a search) a programme to re-use any of the old Magicjacks to bring GV to an analogue set. You'd still have to run it through a gateway like the 3102 (or your ObI?), to get it into 3CX.

3. Aboxtech

Thanks leejor, I gave up. Not really worth the effort to get google voice working on the 3CX. I have a sip trunk working fine. It was one of those "man that would cool" things.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Eventually, I expect someone to figure a way to connect it directly to 3CX.

One of the problems is the current restriction to US based consumers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.