• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using Old Phone Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrownVictoriaCop

Reaction score
OK, I am in quite a pickle here.

I recently received a Nortel M7310 Office Phone from an old office that is closing down. The phone does not work on a standard landline - it needs a system that provides power to it in order to work. I know nothing else about how phone systems work.

I would like this phone to work with my existing VOIP line, which is connected to my 3CX system. I called Nortel about this, the guy was very rude and couldn't answer my question.

How can I get these phones to work? What do you guys recommend for this phone to work again with my VOIP line?

Thanks,

Anthony

Sorry, this phone requires a Nortel Norstar system to operate. Sort of a glorified key system. You can't plug it into a standard phone line, or VoIP and expect it to operate.

CrownVictoriaCop said:
OK, I am in quite a pickle here.

I recently received a Nortel M7310 Office Phone from an old office that is closing down. The phone does not work on a standard landline - it needs a system that provides power to it in order to work. I know nothing else about how phone systems work.

I would like this phone to work with my existing VOIP line, which is connected to my 3CX system. I called Nortel about this, the guy was very rude and couldn't answer my question.

How can I get these phones to work? What do you guys recommend for this phone to work again with my VOIP line?

Thanks,

Anthony

It looks like the "Supported on all Norstar Integrated Communications Systems" feature is a signal that you cannot use it in environment where are no any of "Norstar Integrated Communications Systems"...
I may be wrong but any support of other telephone systems(protocols, etc.) wasn't introduced at http://www.telephonemagic.com/norstar-m7310-phone.htm (I've used an "internet based search", if you have any advanced documentation please provide me a link)

The set of features and the "exterior" are impressive, there are no doubts. Personally, I will dream for this phone if it will be necessary to handle more then 1 calls simultaneously...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.