Using Old Phone Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CrownVictoriaCop, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownVictoriaCop

OK, I am in quite a pickle here.

I recently received a Nortel M7310 Office Phone from an old office that is closing down. The phone does not work on a standard landline - it needs a system that provides power to it in order to work. I know nothing else about how phone systems work.

I would like this phone to work with my existing VOIP line, which is connected to my 3CX system. I called Nortel about this, the guy was very rude and couldn't answer my question.

How can I get these phones to work? What do you guys recommend for this phone to work again with my VOIP line?

Thanks,

Anthony

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, this phone requires a Nortel Norstar system to operate. Sort of a glorified key system. You can't plug it into a standard phone line, or VoIP and expect it to operate.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It looks like the "Supported on all Norstar Integrated Communications Systems" feature is a signal that you cannot use it in environment where are no any of "Norstar Integrated Communications Systems"...
    I may be wrong but any support of other telephone systems(protocols, etc.) wasn't introduced at http://www.telephonemagic.com/norstar-m7310-phone.htm (I've used an "internet based search", if you have any advanced documentation please provide me a link)

The set of features and the "exterior" are impressive, there are no doubts. Personally, I will dream for this phone if it will be necessary to handle more then 1 calls simultaneously...

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.