Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using Old Phone Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CrownVictoriaCop, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownVictoriaCop

OK, I am in quite a pickle here.

I recently received a Nortel M7310 Office Phone from an old office that is closing down. The phone does not work on a standard landline - it needs a system that provides power to it in order to work. I know nothing else about how phone systems work.

I would like this phone to work with my existing VOIP line, which is connected to my 3CX system. I called Nortel about this, the guy was very rude and couldn't answer my question.

How can I get these phones to work? What do you guys recommend for this phone to work again with my VOIP line?

Thanks,

Anthony

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, this phone requires a Nortel Norstar system to operate. Sort of a glorified key system. You can't plug it into a standard phone line, or VoIP and expect it to operate.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It looks like the "Supported on all Norstar Integrated Communications Systems" feature is a signal that you cannot use it in environment where are no any of "Norstar Integrated Communications Systems"...
    I may be wrong but any support of other telephone systems(protocols, etc.) wasn't introduced at http://www.telephonemagic.com/norstar-m7310-phone.htm (I've used an "internet based search", if you have any advanced documentation please provide me a link)

The set of features and the "exterior" are impressive, there are no doubts. Personally, I will dream for this phone if it will be necessary to handle more then 1 calls simultaneously...

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.