Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using phone status to forward calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DJM1983, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJM1983

Hi,

We use 3CX Standard Edition 12 in combination with Yealink T21P Phones.

All extensions are setup that the Away status forwards the call to the 3CX app on our workers iPhone/Android Phone. This works fine for internal calls. Only for the ring group it doesn't forward the calls to the app.

What can i do?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Check 'Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues' setting under Settings - > General -> Global Options

3. DJM1983

Hi, Saqqara, thanks for your reply.

It was already checked, doesn't work.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Ring groups are a "system" owned call and ignores the individual extension status settings. The reason for this is that a group has multiple extensions and if one extension in the group has a setting that calls for some level of call handling, then none of the rest of the group would ever be engaged as the call would be diverted by the rules.

This is the reason that the status settings only function when a call is directed specifically to the extension rather than the system ring group extension.

You could set-up the softphone to be the same extension as the ones in the ring group so that a ring group call will ring both...or, as suggested set up to include external. .

5. DJM1983

Okay, i understand. Thanks for your reply.

What i've hoped to be possible, is that the group (6 phones) ring. And if i am away, 5 phones ring and my app.
    What i will do now is make a 2nd group including the app's that get involved after 10 seconds.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could set the extension to "Ring my Mobile at the same time". That will work with Ring Group calls. You couls then choose to take it or leave it for someone else in the group. If the RG had a name, and was added to the caller ID, then you would be certain what type of call it was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.