• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using Remote Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshhough

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a 3CX PBX as a testing server on a remote server. I'm trying to connect in using the phones, however none register. I have a Cisco SPA-942 and a Grandstream GXP2000. I have followed the instructions on the Blog for using remote extensions but still cant get it to work.

My server is using IIS7 as i am running exchange 2010 on the same server - is there anything i should look out for? do i need to enter proxy settings on the phone?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi, if you open the extension within 3CX and go to the OTHER TAB, you will see an option, disallow use of extension outside the LAN

make sure this box is not checked, if so uncheck apply and reboot your phone.

Hi there,

Thanks for your help...... I got my iPhone connecting now but still having problem with my grandstream phone. Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

have you completed the above process that i said, on this extension aswell?

Hi,

Yeah - I completed the step you said so it works on my iPhone now since making that change, however still not on my grandstream.

Thanks,

Josh

are both phones on the same remote Public IP Address? if so you will need to either use the 3CX Stun Server / Tunel or use the 3CX Proxy.

The reason for this is, you can only use port 5060 per IP.

if your router has a public IP of 80.168.114.1

and IP Phone A IP 192.168.1.1 and Phone B 192.168.1.2 both of which use the same public IP then this will not work without a more complex setup

Public IP 80.168.114.1:5060 can only forward to one internal private IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 not both. hints why your phone may not register.

Ah gotcha.

I'll have to look into the 3CX proxy as I need to have 3 phones in my office using the PBX which is remote.

Do you have much experience with it?

Josh

Hi, we have not done any work with the proxy as of yet, due to very little customer demand. all our installs have 3CX local.

if you dont want to use a proxy, you could allocate a unique public IP to each phone, if your provider gives you this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.