Using Samsung DCS VIP as external PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by no1daag, May 2, 2007.

1. no1daag

I have a office with a Samsung DCS Vip ISDN PBX with VOIP port. To this PBX have we a CRM system how we don

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I am not familiar with the Samsung, but the easiest way is to replace it completely, it wouldnt make sense to keep 2 pbx running.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The VoIP Port what is it and what does it do?

Perhaps check with samsung and find out what the port does, if it provides sip traffic, you might be able to use the samsung pbx as an extension on 3CX pbx.

But the question remains, why would you want to?

4. no1daag

The Voip port is for SIP traffic. I can setup this to a voip provider.

What I want to do is using our CRM program how is connecting to our Samsung PBX. When our customers call us ( ISDN connection ) then a popup program popup and tell us some information about the customer and give us a form to take a note or an order. What we need is to make calls between our PBX without make an outside call because we want not to pay our calls between our addresses.

Will try to port it to 3cx PBX but have no time right now so it

5. no1daag

Some information about Samsung DCS Vip
    http://www.samsungphonesystems.com/samsung_ip_phone_system.htm

First I thought to use Samsung as a sub-PBX to 3cx but I maybe can use 3cx as sub-PBX to use the ISDN lines even for 3cx if I make a connection 3cx VOIP-VOIP Samsung Ext relay to ISDN ( I think it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quickly looking at it, not sure if it does do voip.

It provides wan IP connectivity but that is for internet connectivity not so much for VoIP. I guess.

Theory is, if it has an IP address it should be able to connect to 3cx, but i do not think you can route voice traffic on your DCS-VIP port i think it is more for daisy chaining multiple Samsung PBX's.

I think this is a candidate for future reference and I would put it in the "more research" required drawn.