• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

using SIP apps on IPhone and Droid devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

purvis

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if this is possible, but here goes. All I have right now is two 3CX systems set up, one each in two offices. I've succesfully created a bridge and can make calls between offices, pass CID, etc. Eventually I'm going to add a PRI for service, but we're just in testing phase right now.

I want to see if our IPhone and Droid device users can make and take internal calls. I don't need them to leave them phone system at all. I installed SipDroid on my own phone, and I've succesfully got it to register by opening SIP_UDP port on my router and pointed it to my 3CX machine. I am able to make calls to the Droid from inside, but when I dial to an internal extension ([email protected]), nothing happens. Nothing shows up in the event log on the server either.
Is there another port I need to open, or do I have some kind of netork issue or what?

Oh, the default gateway of the 3CX is the same IP as the internal interface of the router that I'm using as well. Any ideas?

The Apps should work, or have similar problems to any other external extension that you are trying to set up.

purvis said:
I am able to make calls to the Droid from inside, but when I dial to an internal extension ([email protected]), nothing happens

Please clairify...the the Droid takes and makes calls when registered on the same network as 3CX?

Not sure what you mean when you say "dial an internal extension", is this from the same network or are you now talking about call attempts when the phone is on a different network? Is the phone showing up as being registered, what does the 3Cx log look like when it does, are you seeing the public IP and correct port of the phone?

[email protected] suggests that you are using a DynDNS service or have a domain name rather than a fixed IP. Did you put the "domain.com" name in the 3CX settings, I think it's in the advanced section.

purvis said:
Nothing shows up in the event log on the server either.

I take it this is from an external call attempt. You should see something if the call is being sent to the correct IP, even if it's being rejected. Your 3CX router needs port 5060 and the 9000 range (read the manual) to be forwarded to 3CX.

When using any external extension (other than in a VPN or tunnel setup), you should have STUN setup and enabled.

The fact that both routers use the same Ip range shouldn't make a difference as all devices are referred to by their public IP and port numbers.

SipDroid has a fair amount of issues.

I'd suggest you try the same thing with SipAgent on your Droid Phone. If it doesn't work i'd go around checking my network configuration / ports / firewall.

SipAgent on Droid is amazing. Just turn on echo cancelation. When I am in any of our offices and rtoaming around, all the calls are FWD to my MotoDroid via SipAgent over WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.