Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using SIP Registration, busys out a 2nd caller every time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meshuga, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshuga

I have half a dozen SIP extensions configured and can make/receiver calls no problem but anytime I try to place a 2nd call to any of them I get 'Busy'.

Does 3CX support call waiting? Do you have the ability to ring thru multiple calls on a SIP registration extension?

If I use SIP Trunk I can answer multiple calls no problem, but with SIP Registration it seems I can only take one call at a time.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are talking about calls to the same extension number registered on multiple devices, then...there is an option in the set-up for each extension for the busy status, either by PBX status or by the device status. You may to see if that is set to the device status.
    There are a number of other options on what to do with the call based on the status of the device.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

YOu have to set the according setting in the extension page NOT to use PBX status. Then it will send all calls to the extension and the user will get multiple calls to handle..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. meshuga

Fantastic, I'll try that out right now. Thanks for the prompt support!

5. ciscotech2007

Your endpoints are either;

not sending a BYE SIP messages to your 3CX server

or

those BYE messages are not being delivered to your 3CX server because of incorrect network settings

You need to change your 3CX logging to VERBOSE, restart services and post your call RIGHT AFTER YOUR FAILED CALL.. AND CAPTURE YOUR NETWORK DATA BY FOLLOW THIS;

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/technical-documentation-dash/analyzing-call-setup

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.