• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using SIP Registration, busys out a 2nd caller every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshuga

Reaction score
I have half a dozen SIP extensions configured and can make/receiver calls no problem but anytime I try to place a 2nd call to any of them I get 'Busy'.

Does 3CX support call waiting? Do you have the ability to ring thru multiple calls on a SIP registration extension?

If I use SIP Trunk I can answer multiple calls no problem, but with SIP Registration it seems I can only take one call at a time.

Thanks!

If you are talking about calls to the same extension number registered on multiple devices, then...there is an option in the set-up for each extension for the busy status, either by PBX status or by the device status. You may to see if that is set to the device status.
There are a number of other options on what to do with the call based on the status of the device.

YOu have to set the according setting in the extension page NOT to use PBX status. Then it will send all calls to the extension and the user will get multiple calls to handle..

Fantastic, I'll try that out right now. Thanks for the prompt support!

Your endpoints are either;

not sending a BYE SIP messages to your 3CX server

or

those BYE messages are not being delivered to your 3CX server because of incorrect network settings

You need to change your 3CX logging to VERBOSE, restart services and post your call RIGHT AFTER YOUR FAILED CALL.. AND CAPTURE YOUR NETWORK DATA BY FOLLOW THIS;

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/technical-documentation-dash/analyzing-call-setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.