Using SIP URI with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sipero123, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipero123

Hi,

Is there an easy way to use SIP URI with 3CX. I would like to be able to setup 3CX so if a call is received from a particular PSTN then it is received into the 3CX pbx and this is forwarded to a specific SIP URI

Lets say the number is 442081234567

The SIP URI I want to forward to is 442081234567@didlogic.com

How do I do this or is this functionality not currently available in 3CX?

Jonathan Hamon

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try creating a new voip trunk group. The "provider" would be didligic.com. Don't set 3CX to register with it (as it won't be able to). Calls should then go out as if they were going to any other VoIP provider, provided you've built an out bound rule to handle the calls.

3. sipero123

Hi,

The number 442081234567 is registered with a voip provider already using a different sip id What I'm trying to achieve is a way to connect the two.

If someone dials the number then this will be delivered to my 3CX PBX rather than delivering this to an extension I then want it sent directly to the SIP URI in this case 442081234567@didlogic.com

From there they will handle whether this is then delivered to a skypeid, a SIP device, or forwarded to another number.

Cannot figure out exactly how to do this in 3CX or whether it is even possible.

Jonathan Hamon

4. sipero123

Hi,

Looks like it might be possible to use the function under edit voip provider 'Forward to an outside number' except that the @ symbol in 44208nnnnnnn@didlogic.com in the server activity log is shown as %40

If I dial from Xlite then the @ symbol is correctly shown.

If this was fixed it looks like a simple solution to what I'm trying to do.

Jonathan Hamon

5. ice

ice New Member

Hi,
    I tried to create trunk.
    Remote phone ringing, but no voice in both directions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.