Using Skype Connect - 4 rings before destination rings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fox1977, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fox1977

Hi there,

I have just setup skype connect on my phone system for outbound calls. I have manage to get it working correctly but I have got a bit of an odd issue - i am just trying to figure out if it is a skype or 3cx issue.

When I make an outbound call from a phone, it rings four times before the destination phone rings. Has anyone had any similar experiences? I am call my mobile here in the UK.

2. fox1977

Here's an update on were we are upto with this issue.

I have managed to update the phone system succesfully to v10 sp2. UNfortunately still experiencing the same issue.

I have added another sip provider to see if the issue was with skype but it appears to be the same with another provider. Things seem to point towards the phone system.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this system. I understand there may be one initial ring whilst the extension connects to the 3cx system but for 4/5 rings. We really need to get to the bottom of the issue as otherwise we will not be able to implement the system (and I would really like to!).

Is there a setting I can tweak somewhere for this?

Thanks in advance

3. fox1977

I think I am making a bit of progress with this one.

I have just tried to make a call with a physical handset (Snom 300) and i do not experience the same issue. As soon as the call starts ringing in the ear piece the destination starts to ring as expected.

I am using the 3cx phone v6.0.19548.0 from my desktop. I am just going to go and see if there is an update available following the release of the service packs. Can anyone recommend any alternative voip clients to test as well?

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX phone (depending on your settings)has a habit of providing an "artificial" ringback tone before the call is actually connected. I would have a look through the 3CX server log and compare a call placed by the 3Cx phone and one from the set where it goes through right away. You should be able to see where the delay is on the 3CX Phone call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.