Using Skype Plans per user with 3CX Skype Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

We have successfully configured the 3CX Skype Gateway for our 3CX PBX system. The problem is that we have configured it for just one Skype account. So I am assuming that all inbound skype calls will be directed to this account, and all outbound skype calls will be made from the same skype account.
    This is my understanding as for the Configuration of the 3CX Skype Gateway we have to install a Skype client up and running in the same machine the 3CX PBS and the 3CX Skype Gateway is installed.

We have 5 skype users with a Skype Plan each, the ideal situation for us would be having each of those 5 users to be able to use the 3CX VoIP Client phone to make their calls, so the calls would be redirected through their Skype Plans using 3CX Skype Gateway.
    Will it be possible?... I mean how can we get each extension to redirect outbound calls to their Skype accounts?. Is it possible to configure more than one PSTN for Skype Gateway in the same machine??.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts as I think this is a great functionality!!

2. clonick

hi Jlabuelo,

I was started some similar than u need, i'm now in setup the 3xc pbx fro only incoming calls from skype online numbers, also several lines (from 2 to 50) and each incoming call ring on a especific extension.

so, from try and error I was configured it with successfull so i will explain you a little...

the method than you try to do is using skype gateway, but each windows session don't permit to sign in more than 1 skype account per session, so you will need to create one windows session per skype user and make a hack in some files to configure the skype gateway.... really that was very boring for me (as expert in IT)... so it is possible but is a very long way, and the computer will be more slow and if it restart, it don't will loggin in all windows accounts!

so, to avoid that, you could chat with skype support and tell them that you reimbursed the credits in the accounts and take the VOIP SIP terminal gateway, not the PSTN and not the skype gateway.....

next, in a brief you need to setup a voip sip terminal in skype, where with only one user and password configured in pbx you will have several incoming and outgoing lines (as many as you pay for).
    with all in it, is very easy to manage and is more smooth and stable.

so, the steps
    1.- open a new skype MANAGER accoung (here http://manager.skype.com)
    2.- in features, click on skype connect and then create a SIP profile, where in it, u will add what do you want (how much credit for call, how many online numbers for incoming calls, etc, etc, AND how many simultaneously channels you will need (it will have 6 usd per channel per month).
    3.- finally you need to buy credit in that skype account and then you pay with credits the price of the things selected in sip profile.
    4.- once you have the sip profile, it assigned you a user and password with hsot sip.skype.com than you add in voip providers in 3cx
    5.- you will need to configure the account of voip provider in 3cx for DID or inbound/outbound calls to recognize correctly the way it takes each call.
    6.- have fun!!

hope it help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jlabuelo

Hi clonick

Thanks a lot for the answer, however this is set to manage incoming calls through several Skype online numbers. The incoming calls it is already set up for us as we have a VoIP number already.
    What we would like to use are the Skype Plans for each of the accounts and set up 3CX the way that would allow us (to each of the skype users) to use the 3CX VoIP phone installed in the pc of each of those skype users, and configure 3CX Skype Gateway and 3CX PBX system so we can create an outbound rule for each of those extensions so they use their own Skype Plan.

Basically what we need is just focused for outbound calls, we would like to add a Skype Plan to each user and allow then to perform outbound calls through the 3CX PBX system but using their own Skype Plan assigned.

Is this possible? Should we still follow the instructions you have suggested in your prior post?

Thanks a lot!

4. clonick

hi and sorry for the delay answer.

yes, it is possible, and for my opinion the best method to do that is with the skype manager account! practically is the same but will exist a main account in skype than they can monitor and generate reports of how much credit is on it, and they put more credit in any moment.

next, in the 3cx, the conexion will be using voip provider and only one account in it, but the outbound lines will configured for use only one (and specific one) for each extension.

so I think that's it.

I recommended you to chat to support skype for adicional help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jlabuelo

Hi all

Yes I finally got it working, and it is the same way you are describing!.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.