using Teliax VOIP with 3CX Software

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having been unable to use vonage with the 3cx software, I opened up a test account with Teliax.
    When setting up the voip provider in the software I enter the name of the VOIP, then enter the Proxy Host name of IP, then leave everything else default, I get the following error "Proxy Hostname or IP" must have non-empty and unique value.

The proxy name is - voip-co1.teliax.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Vonage works

Hi,

We have succesfully tested with vonage, so you can use it. However you must set-up a so called soft phone account and enter a proxy server name. Its best to obtain this from Vonage support, however you can use this value: sphone.vopr.vonage.net

The error you are getting with the telia is because you possibly already have created a VOIP provider with the same name. Please check under the manage gateway/voip providers if you have existing provider accounts and delete them. Then recreate.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teliax SIP VOIP

Thanks for the fast response! I thought that as well. So I checked to make sure that all providers if any were deleted. When I looked there were none listed. So I uninstalled and then reinstalled the software. I got the same results.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.