Using the 'Command Line API'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ThomasAJ, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAJ

Has anyone used it successfully to simply make a call.

On the page "http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/command-line-api/" in "Launching Outbound Calls" it says.

"...to call a number 12345678 you need to launch:

<myphone call notifier>.exe -cmd makecall:12345678

where <myphone call notifier>.exe is the full path to the MyPhone Call Notifier application, which you can read from the registry from “HKLM\Software\3CX\MyPhone\CallNotifier” (value type REG_SZ)."

I just cannot understand what is "myphone call notifier" and why it has to be in the registry.

Sure when implementing "Inbound Call Notification" I do understand the 3CX needs to know what program of mine to call and so that program of mine needs to be stored in registery “HKLM\Software\3CX\CRM\CallNotifierPath” (value type REG_SZ)."

2. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

callnotifier.exe is installed with MyPhone Desktop Components. If you want to know where it it was installed on your computer, you can find its path in that registry key. On my Windows 7 system, it was installed here:

C:\ProgramData\3CXMyPhone Client Addin\CallNotifier.exe

So to dial out it's

"C:\ProgramData\3CXMyPhone Client Addin\CallNotifier.exe" -cmd makecall:12345678

Note that on a 64-bit system, the registry key add "Wow6432Node\"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\MyPhone\CallNotifier

Hope that helps,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.