Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Using the public IP as the server host - Yealink remote STUN extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by teldata1, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teldata1

I'm wondering if any issues will occur if I replace the FQDN address with the public IP address of the 3CX server, on a Yealink STUN configured phone. Asking because our clients FQDN is set to expire soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't see why it wouldn't work, as long as the set didn't auto-configure back at some point.

3. ITWizardFail

You will most likely want to modify the Template that you are using for your phones, or create a custom template which has the fields you want to populate with hard coded information. I changed anything that used the FQDN %%pbx_ip%% to be the public Static IP since everything is in the cloud. If you use this feature via the GUI, make sure to hit 'Save' under Template Files, click 'OK' does not save the file properly. If you upload a template, a reboot is usually needed to make these work from my experiences (but I have been using the debian version of the ISO).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.