• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using unsupported phones on cloud platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosimo

Free User
Reaction score
I have a number of older phones (Aastra 9112i) and a few intercom units (2N Helios IP Verso).

I am currently using Televantage as our PBX and looking to move to 3CX. Right now I can only add phones that are in the supported list. Can I somehow just add a "generic" phone in the interface and point the phone to our FQDN with the extensions user/pass?

I've tried with the 9112i and we just get "No Service". Activity log doesn't show any connections attempts from our IP. Trying to pick another aastra phone and doing the http provisioning I get "bad encryption cfg" or something similar.

Is it possible?

In my experience I haven't been able to configure unsupported models such as Aastra 67xx model phones as remote extensions, the only way around this is to connect via VPN

The Aastra phones work with STUN but not SBC. I have done this with the Yealink 67xx series and it works. Not 100% reliable but well over 90% reliable. The 3CX provision templates only support local Aastra phones (or vpn). If using the Aastra with stun, enable stun on the phone, point the stun server to your 3cx fqdn and put the stun port to 5060. The other info you have above of pbx to FQDN and user/password are correct.

That being said better off getting some new Yealink phones. The entry level phones aren't very expensive.

Reactions: teldata1
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Will probably end up getting a few newer compatible phones to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.