• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Using Vitelity with 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan5619

Reaction score
I just installed the free version of 3CX in order to evaluate the product for our company. We have Vitelity as our VOIP provider. They require the G.729 codec. The free version does not have this codec. I have sucessfully setup our test system with extensions. When I enter the info for our Vitelity VOIP DID, it does say that it is registered. When I call the DID, it just goes to the Vitelity voicemail. Does anyone know if Vitelity does work with the commercial versions of 3CX that have the G.729 codec? Is anyone out there successfully using Vitelity with this product?

I'm using Vitelity as my LD provider on 3CX with no problems.

And... have been for a couple of years, on a number of different devices (before 3CX). They had all been set to use G711 as the preferred codec.

Hi,

Seems like somebody's already using Vitelity with 3CX. :)

You can run a pilot by purchasing a 2 x G729 channel Mini Edition (just USD 375) of the 3CX Phone System just to see it in action, and then upgrade to handle as many simultaneous calls as necessary by upgrading edition to the correct size of license depending on your requirements.

You could also ask Vitelity to contact us, provide us with a test account and we will look into it, but this will take much longer, and time is money for you as you could start saving now with 3CX.

Rgds,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.