Using windows sip proxy manager with iphone app..

Discussion in 'iOS' started by johna, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johna

Anyone have any idea what the proper settings would be to use the windows proxy tunnel manager.. I have a feeling the way I have it now, it just bypasses my proxy setting in the iphone app... It does connect, but I don't hear other end..

More importantly, I would like to use Bria iphone app.. While the idea of separate tunnel app on iphone does solve my issue of making the 3cxphone voip app work properly, the tunnel drops all the time and it never re-establishes connection anymore. So the concept is good, but the iphone app and the iphone tunnel app need more testing. They should constantly be trying to reconnect after they drop. Like when you move away from wifi, etc.. This is a serious bug and essentially the app is useless.

Bria iphone app does keep trying to connect if something is dropped. However, I can't get it to work with the windows tunnel proxy app.. Perhaps someone has some insight for this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the (Windows based) 3CX Proxy Manager?

3. johna

Yes, I am talking about the windows proxy manager..Actually, I think I have figured the problem.. Getting this to work here in the middle east is a hell of a afair.. The real solution is to make the tunnel app work properly on the iphone, hopefuly the 3cx guys are doing that now.. It always drops connections, etc and never reconnects..

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The tunnel back to 3CX could work in one of two ways with the iPhone, (or any of the other 3CX phones). You could use the tunnel from the iPhone to go directly to the 3CX PBX. Or...you could use the iPhone (no tunnel) and register on a local network (Wifi) that had the Proxy server running. The call would then use NO tunnel to the Proxy server, but tunnel from the proxy server back to 3CX.

The second scenario would work the same way with any other VoIP phone on the remote network.

If you enable tunnel on the iPhone (or any other 3Cx phone, Android/Windows), then you do not need to run the 3CX proxy server, you register directly with the 3CX PBX.

5. johna

Thanks for the insight.. These are two methods I can use.. The will be when the 3cx guys fix the iphone tunnel app and the problems will be behind us..

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

check the change log for the 3CX Phone for iPhone in this forum. in One post i have mentioned how to use the SPM for Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.