Using xfer for blind transfer on linksys phones.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nashakhalov, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashakhalov

Using xfer for blind transfer on linksys phones. (spa922,spa921,spa942)

Hi,
    With Incoming external call, e.g. to the secretary, she transfers the call to the extension number - press xfer - extension number (e.g.123) - dial - xfer in this case the call will be sent by extention. With the first call the secretary number will be identified (and if to take the call, the extention will hear the dial tone only, and the caller will be on hold), the caller number will be identified only with the second call. The interval between the first and the second calls is the time, when the secretary presses dial - xfer.
    The problem is the extension doesn't recieve the call with the first ring. The call is failed but the caller is on hold and hears the audio.But after the second ring and on everything is OK

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Re: Identifying the secretary number with transferring the call

I'm really sorry, but I can't really figure out what you are asking about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I think his issue is this.

When he forwards a call from the receptionist, it does not carry the original Caller ID, but rather presents itself as a call from the receptionist.

IS that correct nashakhalov?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aveiser@veiser.de

With 3CX generated templates, SNOM phones and Patton Gateway it works in following way:

Incoming call from 1234 to ext 100

100 pick the line, press XFER, dial extension 200, press XFER again --> Call is transferred, showing the original caller ID 1234

100 pick the line, press HOLD, dial extension 200, waiting that 200 picks up, announce the call and then press XFER --> Call is transferred, showing ID of extension 100

5. nashakhalov

First showing 100 then 1234. If take the call(100), the extention will hear the dial tone only, and the caller will be on hold. If 1234 - ok

6. nashakhalov

Im paraphrase:
    It's not comfortable to use bxfer because it is hidden deep in menu so I'm trying to do the same with xfer. Following procedure: incoming call - xfer - number - dial -xfer. The phone on which I transfer the call ring once, then small pause and then it continue ringing normally. But in fact if user answer the call too fast (till second ring) the call will be dropped.

Did anybody face the same problem?

7. mcallen

any resolution on this? we are having the same trouble...

Jon Vaught
    jon@mcalleninc.com

8. kevin

kevin Member

To make a "Blind" transfer (where you transfer a call to another extension WITHOUT waiting for the other extension to respond", you need to use the "bxfer" softkey.

To make an "Attended" transfer (where you wait for the second extension to answer before transferring the call), you need to use the "xfer" softkey. Using the "Attended" transfer method WITHOUT waiting for the other extension to respond currently does not work with the Linksys and Cisco phone ranges. This is a Cisco issue which has been escalated to Cisco support.

You may simplify use of the "bxfer" softkey on the Cisco range by bring the "bxfer" softkey into the main part of the LCD display during an active call. To do this, go to the "Phone" tab (in the Admin/Advanced pages), identify the field labeled "Connected Key List", and change the content to:

Code:
    confLx|1;flash|1;xferLx|2;conf|3;xfer|4;toggle|4;redial|5;dir|6;bxfer|1;park|8;phold
    Regards

9. eug

eug

Is there a way to get the programmable softkeys' labels to appear when bxfer is pressed? i'm trying to make the bxfer process work with as few keypresses as possible, while eagerly waiting for ver 9's SLA support.

edit: If the above can't be done, how can I get the "dir" button to appear on the LCD after bxfer is pressed? At the moment, only dial, delChar, clear, and cancel appear. There's no "bxfer Key List" entry under Programmable Softkeys in the Phone menu of the web interface.

edit again: I've set Dialing Input Key List to:

dial|1;dir|2;clear|3;cancel|4;left|5;right|6;starcode|7;alpha|8

...but it still doesn't show. "Start-Xfer" doesn't do it either.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.