Using Yealink T19P on version 10 or should I upgrade?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Barnesm6, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnesm6

Just taken over support of a server for a new client and they currently have 3cx version 10 running on it, I have no experience with this product but they've asked me to install a new phone which looks relatively straight forward and we're looking at the Yealink T19P. The 3cx website states that it's been tested with version 11 & 12 but doesn't mention version 10.

Does anyone know if this phone will work on version 10 or if I need to upgrade to the latest version can anyone tell me how to identify if they're using the free version and where I can find instructions on how to proceed with the upgrade?

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The phone should work with V10 provided that you are willing to manually provision it via the phone's web interface. Manual provisioning is very easy, but there are some things to consider.

Manual provisioning in this sense is meant to get the phone to a functional level of being able to make and take calls, not to enable all the bells and whistles that the phone may have. You can, of course, also program those features that are solely resident within the phone and this may likely be all that is desired. The key is that the phone is SIP compliant.

The 3CX provisioning is merely a tool that eliminates much of the manual effort as it is a template that can be used for a multitude of the same model. It also takes care of some of the behind the scenes programming by populating the phone's variables with data that is pertinent and putting it in a context that the phone can use as not all makes use the same naming conventions or method. It too may not address all of the phone's available features, but it will do those that are pertinent to 3CX and the fundamental operational environment (such as time setting).

Go to settings within the 3CX management console (on the left side) and look for Activation. This will tell you which version you have. 3CX is sold via a reseller network. You can visit the 3CX website and look for the "Partner" heading and then locate a partner who should be able to assist in both advising on which flavor and procuring same.

3. Barnesm6

Thanks for the advice greatly appreciated, the activation option was actually under settings on the top menu not the left menu although I guess it may have moved in newer versions but your suggestion gave me the information I needed to find what I was looking for.

Under activation it says they're using the free version although it also says version 0 for some reason. Anyway, I've also now found documentation on the site explaining how to perform an upgrade which sounds simple enough so may make more sense to go down that route rather than having to manually configure new phones.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.