Using ZOIPER Softphone with 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thereverend, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereverend

thereverend New Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else was using Zoiper softphone for linux with 3cx. I am having a problem where if I call an INTERNAL exchange from the softphone i can hear and talk to that extension. However if I call or get a call from an external # ANYONE outside my phone system. They can hear me clear as a bell but I get no audio at all from their side. What settings on the 3cx side do i need to change to fix this problem. Or can someone suggest a good Linux based softphone that I can use with 3cx.. thank you in advance for your help... :oops:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the softphone being used locally, or remotely?

What type of trunks are you using?

What does the 3CXServer log show for the call, any errors?

It might be a Codec issue.

In the extension settings in the PBX you could try selecting PBX delivers audio, to see if it makes a difference.

3. thereverend

thereverend New Member

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have tried the DELIVER audio from 3cx and this did not work. Is there anyway you can provide me a step by step config of this for 3cx. I think this would be helpful to ALOT of people that might be having the same problem. Thank you in advance.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I ask again... Are you using this phone, remotely, or on the same LAN as the PBX?

Does this happen on calls from other extensions, or just from "outside" calls? If just outside calls, as mentioned previously, it may be a Codec issue.

I have seen one way audio issues when the the local IP, rather than the public IP is used when the phone first registers. Check the 3CX server logs to see if this is the case. I'm going to assume that you are using the phone remotely and suggest that you check that STUN is being used, and is set-up correctly. If you have not tried this from more than one location, then it could be the router you are behind. You will have to provide a bit more information about your particular set-up.

I have not used that particular SIP phone, so, unless a site associated with the application has a configuration guide for using it specifically with 3CX, you'd have to hope that another forum member has some experience with it and can provide some advice.

5. thereverend

thereverend New Member

Sorry for that. I am using Zoiper internally on the same network with the same octives as the server. This only happens on the softphone and no other extensions. All other extensions are pointing toward the local IP as well. All other phones working 100% only having problems with this. On the advanced tab of Zoiper there is a FORCE RFC-3265 and next to that it says use default STUN but the box for the Force RFC-3264 is NOT checked. Should I check that box?

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try also CSIPsimple for Android, if 3CX phone, for some reasons, is not satisfying your needs. Much better than Zoiper.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try also CSIPsimple for Android, if 3CX phone, for some reasons, is not satisfying your needs. Much better than Zoiper.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. thereverend

thereverend New Member

What would you use for Linux?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had mentioned STUN as I had assumed that the phone was external to the server LAN. STUN would not be nessisary if both are on the same LAN.

What you can check is the registration log in 3CX. Is it showing the correct IP of the computer running the Zoiper?, what about the port number shown? One way voice means that the voice packets (ports used) are not able to get through (firewall or other issue on computer?), or they are being misdirected. There is a possibility that the router is causing an issue because of incorrect, settings, or features.

What about calls from another extension? the 3CX log may also show, if it detects an error during one of these calls.

10. jasit

jasit New Member

it looks like the default RPT ports are in the 8000 range for Zoiper, see if you can change them to the 7000 range in might help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.