UTStarcom F1000 deregisters and doesn't reregister

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by teichhei, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teichhei

Hi there,
    does anybody have problems with a UT Starcom F1000 firmware 3.80st deregistering and not reregistering again?
    My one registers fine when it reboots but after a while it isn't registered anymore until I reboot it again. Problem exists with Sipgate and 3CX. I tried different intervals from 30s to 1 hour, doesn't make any difference.
    I have quite a range of phones and that's the one that works worse.

Regards

Heinz

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've encountered the same issue with the F3000. It will register just fine and stay that way for a while but then , when i go to check it, it isn't registered any longer. I have also been using a Linksys WIP300 which seems to "retain" registration a lot longer. However, I have found that after a while it too is no longer registered. This is occurring outside my home LAN as I use them when travelling on WiFi hotspots. Both models have been discontinued. I have shortened the registration interval but from past experience I've found that the SIP server can override the local setting for that.

3. teichhei

I also shortened the Interval to 30 seconds which causes a lot of useless traffic but at least it is only off for a short while. I wanted to use it on two locations but especially Audio is a problem when there is no port forwarding in place for the RTP ports. OK, probably depends on the router. A piss poor phone, My Nokia E65 is working perfectly with Sipgate or 3CX and can still receive mobile calls. Both in acceptable quality without any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.