V 10 SP5 change with ring mobile simultaneously

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techmikeny, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techmikeny

Before installing Service pack 5, I used to be able to see the inbound caller id number on my mobile phone when my office phone and mobile phone ring simultaneously.

After installing Service pack 5, I only see the caller id number of my office on the cell phone.

What changed? What can I change back?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. badsushi

I have the same issue, i posted the other day trying to confirm it was SP 5 that caused it. I figured playing with the outbound parameters and setting them to originator caller id but no luck... I just opened a trouble ticket so I'll post the results when i get them.

3. badsushi

Wow all that spam is crazy.

Anyway tech support got back to me with this:
    You will need to go to Voip Provideres > Your Voip Provider > Outbound Paramaters:

and set the Outbound Parameters as follows (Press Add/Update after each change):

Outbound parameter = ContactUser > Value = AuthID
    Outbound parameter = ContactHost > Value = ContactURI
    Outbound parameter = ToDisplayName > Value = CalledName
    Outbound parameter = ToUserPart > Value = CalledNum
    Outbound parameter = ToHostPart > Value = GWHostPort
    Outbound parameter = FromDisplayName > Value = OriginatorCallerID
    Outbound parameter = FromUserPart > Value = AuthId
    Outbound parameter = FromHostPart > Value = GWHostPort
    Outbound parameter = RemotePartyIDCallingParty:DisplayName > Value = OriginatorCallerID
    Outbound parameter = RemotePartyIDCallingPartyUserPart > Value = OriginatorCallerID
    Outbound parameter = RemotePartyIDCallingPartyHostPart > Value = GWHostPort

However it does not work for me, please let me know if it works for you. If i get any more info I'll post it.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Originator's caller's ID is working only if your provider allows it (most providers don't).
    I would recommend instead of 'AuthID' to send 'Originator's Caller ID' in Contact and From User fields.

It depends how you are redirecting the calls to mobiles. I don't think something changed between SP4 and SP5 in this regard, most probably the change is outside your 3CX system.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. badsushi

Eagle2,

I tried changing the options as you suggested with no luck, Thanks for the suggestion.

I have confirmed this is an issue with 3CX SP5, i have a box up with SP4 with the same provider and it still passes caller ID properly.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the 3CX logs, of identical calls, forwarded to a mobile, on each system (verbatim setting) looks any different at all.

7. techmikeny

Thanks. Changing the outbound parameters to "OriginatorsCallerID" was successful. Our VOIP provider is SoTel.

-Mike

8. badsushi

Glad to hear it, I think it might have fixed mine too.

After taking eagle2's advice and making it 'AuthID' to send 'Originator's Caller ID' in Contact and From User fields and that didn't work as soon as i set it back to the way tech support suggested it started working. Not sure were i flubbed up but at least its working. Thanks all.

9. Geminiq

Badushi,

I'm interested too.
    Would you please write me that which are the tech support's suggested settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.