Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v 12.5 to v 15 - callhistory table

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by denn, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denn

Dear forum,

I just upgraded our 3CX Phonesystem from 12.5 to version 15. I made a full backup (excluding recordings) on the 12.5 installation.

I then installed version 15 and restored from the backup. Afterwards I pointed the recordings folder from the default folder (ProgramData/Recordings) to my recording folder (Y:/Recordings). The phonesystem found the recordings and registered them in admin interface.

My problem is that I have built an integration batch job which moves call history from the postgre database to my MySQL database. To my big surprise I now see that the callhistory table in the postgre database is empty and new calls in v15 isn't logged in that table.

In which table can I find my call data from before the upgrade - and where is the new stored?

Is something broken in the upgrade or is this a new behaviour?

Best regards,

Denni

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

The call logs in V15 are a different format. After the installation you need to convert the old call logs to the new format. There's a tool that comes with 3cx to do this.
    In my case, it's in c:\program files\3cx phone system\instance1\bin\CHconverter.exe ... run it on the 3cx server, it'll ask you where your backup file is and it will convert the 3cx call history from old version to new version.
    As always, take a backup before running this, just to be safe.
    ... not sure how this will affect your batch job, but this will bring back the call history that was in your 3cx backup.
    upload_2017-3-19_9-39-17.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 JasonNadeau, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. denn

Hi Jason,

Thank you. I just ran the covert tool and it seems to work.

Do you know which table in the DB that v. 15 will log calls to?

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

No idea, never looked.
    Glad the converting is working though !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.