v 15.5.3849.1 Bug ? Sip service not working on port other than 5060 anymore

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dalibor, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalibor

Hi,

it seems like I stumbled across a bug since latest update.
    My server (and one more) were set to a SIP port other than 5060 (to reduce number of attacks) and it worked happily until latest update.

Ever since, the external hard sip clients stopped working and firewall test started failing.
    Once the 3CX server (debian x86) was reconfigured back to 5060 - all started working. Now the router does an NAT translation from the other port from the outside (public) to a 5060 inside (lan).

I hope this post helps someone having the same issue, and maybe 3CX people can look into this...

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Dalibor,

Since you are using Debian i believe that the problem is occurred on your chains-rules in your iptables. Your iptables are set to work with the prior configuration and most likely there is rule that causes this malfunction.

3. Dalibor

I do agree that iptables are to blame, I just wanted to say that changing the port in the web interface : "Settings" - "Network" - Ports" - "SIP Port" will not update iptables to reflect.

It used to do so before the update, but does not anymore - thus a "bug". Unless it was an intent change, which I doubt.

The whole idea about 3cx is being able to do the settings lamer way - trough web interface and not from console, otherwise why just not use pure asterisk ...

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that changing the SIP port from the management console never updated the IP tables of Debian. The only configuration to the IP tables done by 3CX is that IP tables are pre-configured in the ISO supplied for the default ports. If you wish to use different ports then you need to perform the necessary changes your self. The OS configuration is the admins responsibility as it has always been.

5. Dalibor

If that is the case, then the script running behind the port change in the web interface should be upgraded to do 2 extra lines of adjusting the iptables according to the change ...

6. sloweclair

I think this should definitely be documented somewhere. Where do you guys keep the iptables rules that are restored on boot?

7. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @sloweclair
    @Dalibor,

I would like to inform you that 3CX does not configure the customers' networks as mentioned in many articles, although we do provide guides in order to guide you configure your network and work with 3CX. It is actually documented that we do not configure NAT and port forwarding in Windows OS, so IP tables being the equivalent in Debian OS falls under the same rule.
    Nevertheless, if you believe that there should be a specific reference for Debian OS too, you can post your idea in the Ideas section of the forum in order to be up-voted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.