V1.0.20-Phonebook does not paste numbers (Issue #0001)

Discussion in 'iOS' started by RobKasbow, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobKasbow

Dear 3CX Team:

I've been testing the new release periodically throughout the day (using both a local and remote connection) and I am having significant issues and would like to find a way to revert back to the previous release for customer demonstrations that I need to do daily. I know that I am using an iPod Touch as the device, there is a reason for this. There is a need in specific industries like education, healthcare, and government for an inexpensive wi-fi device that can be used for voice calls plus run vertical apps....the iPod Touch and iPad meet these requirments (waiting for 3CX support for the Droid family as well on Verizon). The issues that I've found with 1.0.20 are as follows:

1. Intermittent closure of the app when dialing or connecting calls
    2. Failure of the 3CX interface to accept digits when on-hook and available...you can dial, hear the tones, but the dialed digits are not displayed and nothing happens.
    3. You can no longer dial a call from a stored telephone number in "contacts"

Please let me know if there are specific configuration parameters that need to be set for the new release.

Thanks,

Rob
    rob.kasbow@pbx-mobility-solutions.com
    404-478-6466

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Other issues with new release v1.0.20 for iPhone

a device w/o mic i cant see for this use but anyway.
    u must give us more input from 2 posts of urs i know only that u use 421 and a touch
    2nd 3drd gen

screenshots?
    we run our 4tests on an touch 2g so all working
    also no need to open 2 post , same issue

what kind of adressbuck u use
    exchane local gmail...
    local and exchange r tested and working

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Other issues with new release v1.0.20 for iPhone

All issues related to Issue #0001
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/v1-0-20-calls-terminate-upon-connect-issue-18708.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RobKasbow

Stephan:

The iPod Touch does have a mic and I have been successfully using it as a fully functional phone as an extension to my 3CX PBX. It also works with a bluetooth or wired headset. The only issue I've found is that the app doesn't swithc between earpiece, headset, or speaker modes the way it should. In earpiece mode, it uses the speaker, with bluetooth or wired headset it works properly.

he contact list that I have been using is the standard Apple contact list that is included with the iPod Touch. In v1.0.19 I could add a contact, launch the 3CX app, and select the contact icon in the bottom left corner of the e3CX screen, it would go to the contact list and I could select a contact to dial and the 3CX app was able to go off-hook and dial the call with no problem. With the new v1.0.20 verison the call won't launch by selecting the contact. I am also running into situations intermittently where I dial a telephone number and the number does not show on the display and the phone remains idle when I select the send key or the app closes down requiring a re-launch.

I have also noticed that you have set the first RTP port as 4000 which is contradictory to the standard 3CX recommendation of 9000 to 9049. What should the setting be? 4000 or 9000?

When I reviewed the release notes that you have posted, it contains a list of fixes and new features, but it does not contain a recommendation for default settings for the new release. Is this something that you could provide?

Also, due to the issues I am experiencing with the new release, is there anyway that I can revert back to the v1.0.19 release. I am using the iPod Touch for demo's to healthcare and government organizations where they are looking to replace older SpectraLink wi-fi/900Mhz handsets with smart devices that can run applications as well as provide in-building wireless phone service.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

5. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

ther is an misstake of mine, only the 8GB does not have an mic build in. Also the 8GB can not be attched to an BT device with mic at least my Jabra will not connect.

the ports are correct as they are
    5060 for sip and 4000 for RTP
    Same are not recommended to have pbx and client running on the same audio ports
    so the client is on a different port, this is fine.

as i wrote you version 1.0.21 is on the way with a backwards profile changer for old profiles. as i told you. del your profile and recreate it and it will work as it was in 1.0.19. with contacts and normal calling

6. samsa

Thanks its help !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.