• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V1.0.22 - Echo on the opposite side

Status
Not open for further replies.

larste

Reaction score
We have a strong echo on the opposite side (not iPhone side).
When we are using 3CX for Win 7 it is no problem.

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: [iPhone]
Generation: [4G]
Firmware Version: [4.2.1(8C148)]
Jailbreak: [NO]
Cydia Installed: [NO]

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: [Phone]
Contacts: [Local]
Connection: [WiFi]
Server: [Internal]

Re: Echo on the opposite side

what is the other side?

Our phone system is.

Innovaphone
http://www.innovaphone.com
Version 7.00
ocs-certified IP302[08-70343],
Bootcode[08-70343],
Hardware[302]

echo is of everyone I talk to.

larste said:
We have a strong echo on the opposite side (not iPhone side).
When we are using 3CX for Win 7 it is no problem.
Hi
if echo is on the opposite site, this means your iPhone's microphone "hear" IPhone's own speaker - therefore, the other one's voice is routed back with delay as echo. Please try to use a headset first then, without headset, try to lower the speaker's volume.

Regards
vali

I have tested with a headset, that was even more echo.
I tried to keep my hand on the mic, no difference.
I tried to reduce the volume to zero so that I did not hear anything, the echo was gone.

this makes it very clear that not the 3cxphone produces the echo.
Plz capture the call via wireshark if you can on ur pbx server. set the capture filter to capture sip and voice.
in wireshark you can playback the traffic and you will hear exaclty which leg plungs in the echo.

We have no problems with echo when using 3CX for Windows.
There must be something different when we use the iPhone with 3CX.

Larste/Stephan:

I am experiencing the same issue with echo on the remote end. I am using a new iPhone 4 ios v4.2.6 on the Verizon CDMA network connected to a full 3CX v.9 PBX.

When I make a call using the cellular 3G network using the earpiece or speaker, the echo on the remote end of the call makes the phone unusable. When I use a bluetooth headset it is much better. When I use a wired headset, it usually works the best. Note that getting the phone to change to bluetooth after the call is connected takes several tries (the 3CX client keeps reverting back to the earpiece) and sometimes is impossible even though the bluetooth headset (Jawbone "icon" model) works fine with a standard cell phone call.

I am also having issues keeping the 3CX application alive and ready make/recieve calls. It appears to go into sleep mode within a minute after ending and active call and requires exiting the app and then re-registering to wake it up. I tried turning on TCP per your suggestion to another user the other day, but with TCP enabled, the phone takes 30-->60 seconds or more to respond to a a call "end/hangup" request. With TCP disabled, the 3CX iPhone hangs up within a few seconds, but goes to sleep between calls.

I am now trialing a VPN to see if this resolves the sleep mode situation. after a few calls, it doesn't appear to help. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob Kasbow

I wrote earlier:
I tried to reduce the volume to zero so that I did not hear anything, the echo was gone.

I made the test agin and I was wrong. there is no difference changing the volume.
With headset an without and it is the same.

If you like I can call you for an example.

I don't know if I explained OK, I will try again:

if you hear echo, the problem is on the remote phone, not on yours - the remote phone has to lower the microphone/speaker volume or to plug a headset. And this regardless of phone's models.

Suppose the overall delay between you and the remote side is half second. What you say will reach remote side's speaker after half second; there, it goes to its microphone and then back to you. Therefore, you will hear yourself back (echo) after one second. You may use the best phone in the world, if the remote side has audio "visibility" between its speaker and microphone, you will get echo.

Sorry if I seem stupid.
I have not tried to make change with headset and by minimize the volume.
I try it in both end.
It is no difference.

And again kan You explain way Your Softphone 3cx for windows 7 works fine.

I also tried with an other softphone NetDial on my iPhone.

With that software it is no echo at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.